23 October, 2009

More Pictures!

This is my shower. Please know it is like every shower here...it doesn't work before 9:00am. If you wish to get clean before 9am you squat unter the lower faucet and bathe or use a bucket. I prefer to just shower in the evening and wake up with punky hair and comb and clip it down each morning than be frustrated with the lack of water pressure. It's always a nice cold temperature...another really good reason to take a shower at night as it doesn't feel so cold when I'm hot.


My kitchen...note there is no oven only the camp-like burners to cook, but this is high class compared to the single burner that sits directly on the propane tank that most people have. It gets super hot in here and the bugs multiply like some bizzarre science lab...Thank goodness the geckos like to feed on the bugs! Oh, I do have a small refrigerator that is not in the picture, but that is it. High class, let me tell you! But it's home.




Roxy 11 weeks old.


Roxy 8 weeks old.

Roxy's first day at home...This was 4 weeks ago. She was 8 weeks old.

Julie drawing water from the well to water the lawn. Just in case you were wondering it takes 3 buckets to fill the watering can. I don't know exactly but it's a lot of trips with the watering can to actually water the whole yard.






The back of the yard. This is my roommate, Julie, watering the yard...I hope you are all thankful for sprinklers! Please also notice the clothes lines...our dryer.






This is my house! On the left near the purple flowers is the gate to the street. Then the front door is in the middle. Our awning is great and we love sitting out here. This morning we had brought our living room chairs out and had breakfast. Then the right side is the wall we share with our neighbor. The old fashioned well is along this wall also. I'm standing under the clothes line taking this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment