25 September, 2009

The Pup

Yes! I officially have the cutest puppy ever! She is 8 weeks old and I wish the internet was faster so I could show you all a picture of her! She is a Rottweiler German Sheppard mix. She can’t weigh more than 6 pounds dripping wet and she has these great big brown eyes and who can forget to mention her sweet puppy breath! You can’t tell I’m in love, can you?

My roommate and I got her at the Lucky Pet Shop down the road. Yes, even in Togo the Chinese have pet shops! We laughed at how similar we are because we could agree on a puppy completely in roughly 10 minutes. We also agreed that I’d be the primary trainer as she’s not so fond of that and I love the training. I carried the puppy over to show my friends and then home. When I walked in the gate my roommate asked me what I’d name her. I told her we should name her Roxy. It’s a tough chick name and besides my rock-star roommate in LA played at a club called Roxy and it just seemed fitting.

Roxy stumbles about with her big feet and little body. She is black with brown brindle and a white patch on her chest. You can’t help but laugh and smile when she’s around. I know she will love us and be a good guard dog as she is alert even at night when my roommate gets up for a drink of water. My roommate thinks that she loves me more already and it’s only been a few days. This is because Roxy follows me around and cries if I leave. I think she loves us both but I can understand that since I’m constantly looking out and caring for her I think that she is just more used to me. Roxy does sleep in my bed and we go out to the yard a few times each night. This is killing me but I know that in a few weeks she will sleep through the night.

She will visit the vet soon for her shots and check up. I am so happy to have her as I have had puppy fever for 2 years and now I have the space and time for a dog and this is perfect. I know some of you might wonder what I will do with her next year, but honestly I am considering staying. If I don’t stay one of my directors is a great guy and who loves dogs so he will gladly take her. For now she is ours and she is amazing and great! We are the three lovely ladies living in Lome!

No comments:

Post a Comment