18 September, 2009

The Moto Experiences

On Tuesday I went with my roommate and some French teachers to the pizza place to each the FLATEST pizza ever seen with human eyes and to watch a French chick-flick on a DVD projector…I don’t think the FBI would approve but this is all we have for a movie theater here so please don’t report this.
Oh but I first must mention the motorcycle (from now on known as moto or machine) ride to the place was one that I will never forget, ok may be they are all like this right now but I’m doing a lot of praying as I ride to say the least. My roommate negotiated the price in French and we got the 2 motos to take us. Well my moto driver had a ghetto machine and as we went up the small small hill I could see my roommate on her moto zooming ahead as I drifted to an almost stop. Then to top it off, when we got to the top to the hill the guy was clearly lost and didn’t know where to take me. He darted in and out of traffic, drove on the opposite lane (mind you it’s dark and there really aren’t street lights here). He turned around like Evil Coeval himself, and then ground to a halt in the street to ask where this place was. Then we zoomed off. He then took another wrong turn and pretty much repeated this cycle again. But he got me there eventually. My roommate text me and called me and was worried but very happy to see me when I did get to the place. I feel like I should have been more concerned but I just remember thinking that he gets paid the same amount if he gets lost or not so I’ll get there eventually.
The movie was ok. I couldn’t really see the subtitles but the point of going was to listen to French since I speak English all day I don’t really get much French immersion and I desperately needed a little more.

Believe it or not I took another moto later on in the week, by myself, and he also got lost and expected me to communicate the directions…yeah, that was funny. But I got there after stopped to ask a few people where I was trying to go. All was well. I got home with no difficulty. I suppose that it’s just living and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment